The most reliable and low cost method of checking rail is at the correct stress free temperature / neutral temperature.
The internationally accredited VERSE is a massive leap forward for reducing the risk of buckling and fracturing, achieving new track quality acceptance and planning cost-effective re-stressing programmes.
- Rail remains intact: no rail cutting needed to carry out the stress free temperature test
- Quick and easy: 20-30 minutes per measurement (depending on rail fastening)
- Low cost: less than 5% of the cost of a traditional cut, measure and re-weld
- Excellent accuracy: results allow the user to make maintenance decisions that reduce risk of rail buckling and fracturing.
- Instant result: output immediately displayed on hand held computer
- Exportable readings: files downloadable into databases like Excel and Access for integration with other track data
- Portable: supplied in a convenient carry case – fits into a small van/estate car
- Facilitates track handover: stress free temperature can be used for quality assurance
- Cost-effective re-stressing programmes: allows you to predict where track is vulnerable to stress free temperature change and plan cost-effective programmes
- The only internationally accredited and accurate method of measuring stress free temperatures
- Since 2002 it has registered over 200,000 readings; all of them accurate
- Now in use in over 20 countries worldwide including USA, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, UK, China and Brazil