The vastly improved operator safety and performance is achieved by the increased level of machine stability and traction. The Patent Pending mechanism enables the RRV to continuously self-adjust and distribute the working load across the 4 wheels.
The load-bearing axle limits the forces transmitted as work is carried out, for example by a mechanical grab. Extension and rotation of the grab pulls the RRV’s centre of gravity sharply to one side. This increases the risk of the least-loaded rail wheel lifting away from the rail and consequently posing a potential derailment.
The EQ Axle prevents this by bearing the load of the vehicle chassis through two joists, linked to an axle which supports a pair of rail wheels. The ‘floating’ axle is mounted within a cage, which limits the pivot travel during the transfer of load-forces as the RRV works at the line side.
Throughout the turning action, at least 20% of the Axle load is retained on the least-loaded rail wheel. When the cage stop position is reached there is 20% margin against RRV tipping. The EQ Axle offers a substantially greater degree of stability than the other stabilising wheel-set designs currently available.
- Unique Pat Pending design enables continuous, self-adjusting wheel-load distribution
- Vastly reduces the risk of vehicle derailment
- Designed and Constructed for easy maintenance
- Modular build
- Simple to adjust for different rail gauges
- Improved working agility
- Better traction
- Improved operator experience and performance through reliable stability
- Tested according to EN15746
- 2 Wheel Drive (2WD)
- 2 Wheel Braking
- RRVs do not require extra hydraulics to accept the EQ Axle
- Hy-Rail function operational from within the cabin
- 2 gear/speed hydraulic function
- The most advanced ‘Bolt-on’ Hy-rail attachment available
- 4 Wheel Drive (4WD)
- 4 Wheel Braking
- Special regional requirements accommodated
- Kits that confirm to various regional and agency demands